Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

RVA, here we come!

Just a break from our regularly scheduled order of posting to tell you:

We just found out from AIM that Rift Valley Academy (RVA), where we've been appointed to go, is in need of a math teacher starting in the 2012 school year! They have Dan penciled in to fill that position next year.

Before this news, we were unsure whether they would need us for the 2012-2013 school year at all, but we said were willing to go as dorm parents, if a teaching position was not available to us. As we've shared before, we feel called to care for these kids and nurture these families, not just to teach them. But not only is a teaching position becoming available for Dan to fill, it's a math position! Praise God! It's all very exciting!

Some of you may be wondering what I (Courtney) will be doing if Dan holds a teaching position at the school. Of course, I'll be at home with our three kids like I am now, teaching and instructing and disciplining as always. But I also hope to play a vital role in ministering to the missionary kids as we live and eat and do life with them. This, to me, is a HUGE advantage to living on campus with the students. I hope to welcome a bunch of children into our "family" for three months at a time, as I pray with and for them, build relationships with them and mentor them. I don't have all the details yet of what that will look like, but I feel like the Lord is equipping me as a mother and Titus 2 woman to encourage and disciple the next generation of believers and I'm excited to take that on.

This is all just one more verification that we are headed in the right direction. Thank you, Lord, for guiding our steps!

As a sobering sidenote, it also makes a lot of this seem much more real. This is actually going to happen! And we have a lot of emotions to sort through...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...